Un message à la mer...
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Un message à la mer...

Forum de fanfictions Lost

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Interview [IGN]

AuteurMessage
jade shadow
Auteur
jade shadow

Interview [IGN] Empty
MessageSujet: Interview [IGN]   Interview [IGN] EmptyJeu 31 Aoû - 17:38

Interview: Yunjin Kim
Sun speaks about Lost Season Two.
by Todd Gilchrist
August 29, 2006 - When Yunjin Kim originally auditioned for Lost, she was looking to play Kate, the troubled fugitive stuck in a love triangle between hero Jack and roguish anti-hero Sawyer. The producers didn't feel like she was right for the part, but they liked her nonetheless, and decided to write a role especially for her: Sun, the optimistic but put-upon wife of Korean businessman Jin (Daniel Dae Kim). Soon enough, their relationship began to change, creating myriad opportunities for Kim to flex her acting muscles; and before long, hers became one of the most compelling stories on the show.

By the end of Season Two, Sun and Jin became the stable center of Lost offering marital harmony to counter the love triangles and romantic woes of the other characters. The talented Korean actress recently spoke to IGN from the red carpet launch of the Lost Season Two DVD, where she talked at length about what's in store for Sun and Jin, and made a few observations about the couple that even the most astute audiences may have missed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN DVD: Your storyline was very compelling in Season Two. Where do you hope to take it in Season Three?

Yunjin Kim: Season Three? With Sun and Jin's relationship, you mean? I'm sure they're going to mess us up again. Now we're sort of a happy couple - you know, she's pregnant, she's a little unsure but he thinks that it's definitely his baby. But who knows? I'm sure the writers will go at it and divide us up again because you need conflict and drama.

IGN: How do you think she became pregnant?

Kim: I don't think - I like the theory, and this is only mine, I like her to be sort of like the Virgin Mary, that it wasn't a guy who made her pregnant. It just happened, sort of like the island did it. The monster did it (laughs).

IGN: Divine Intervention?

Kim: That would be weird, her giving labor to like black smoke. See her come out of the tent with black smoke going 'whew! Glad that's over'. That would be really dramatic, wouldn't it?

IGN: What would have liked to have seen happen last season that didn't?

Kim: Definitely more romance. That's sort of what drives drama, love. Definitely Libby and Hurley - I would like to see it have somewhat of a closure for Season Three, but definitely more romance all around. And we have some new cast members and hopefully they'll bring some conflict among us.

IGN: Do you know what kind of role they'll be playing?

Kim: I don't know. I haven't gotten the second script, so I guess I'll find out soon.

IGN: Last season a lot of time was spent introducing the characters. How much do you feel the writers have incorporated your personality into Sun?

Kim: I know Season One, they asked me a lot of questions, especially me playing a Korean character. I was born in Korea, came over when I was 10, but then went back and lived in Korea for 7 years to work out there. So they ask a lot of typical questions, like even Sun and Jin, their names. It's very rare to have one syllable names, let's say, and for a couple to have them, that doesn't make any sense, so we made Jin to have, his full name into Jin - little stuff like that, little details that they asked me. So I email them back and forth and try and find answers and as far as translation goes, we do have a translator but a lot of time we have to make it conversational, not a direct translation of English lines like how a normal Korean would sound. So I write them back like this is how we would sound like, and stuff like that, so I feel like I creatively in little details, I do put a lot of my own ideas into it.

IGN: The development of your character this season was very compelling. How much more do you think there is in terms of the backgrounds of these two characters do we need to see to understand them better in the present time?

Kim: In my mind, I'm sure Sun did something wrong. I mean, she is stranded on this island and obviously every character obviously has done something wrong in their past life and that's sort of the reason why they're here. I don't think she went and killed someone, I mean, that's really unlike Sun, but I know there has got to be something underneath that had to happen for her to be there on the island so hopefully we'll see more dark side of Sun because she's no nice and I don't know - if you're that nice, you wouldn't be there, so…

IGN: The show has current story and flashbacks - do you prefer one over the other when you're working and in a larger sense, would you like to see the show go straight to what's happening on the island now and not deal with the flashbacks?

Kim: I think flashbacks are important. I mean, each episode - that's what I love about watching Lost is every episode, you have your new favorite character. We take turns and that's where we get to look a little different, show different sides to that character. It's like peeling an onion. So I find flashbacks really useful, really crucial to the show. I hope that doesn't ever go away.

IGN: Who is your favorite character?

Kim: I have to say Locke. He's a weird one. The fact that he was crippled and the fact that now he now can walk, he has such a traumatic past life with his father, with his loved one. He seems to have such an interesting essence that's very different from any other character that I've ever seen on television so I'd have to say it's Terry's character.

Source : IGN
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://lostfanfictions.actifforum.com

Interview [IGN]
Page 1 sur 1