Un message à la mer...

Forum de fanfictions Lost

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Lost & Found (Golf for Women)

AuteurMessage
jade shadow
Auteur

MessageSujet: Lost & Found (Golf for Women)   Mar 15 Aoû - 14:49

Korean star Yunjin Kim won a role on the hit TV series Lost and discovered a new passion in life: golf.

By Ann Wycoff
Golf For Women
September/October 2006

When did you start playing golf?
I moved to Hawaii in 2004 when I got the role in Lost, because we film the show here. It's the perfect place to take up the game. I've always been fascinated with golf. It's so popular in Korea and there are many amazing Korean and Korean-American players. They make it look so easy. Of course, we all know that's not the case.

Did you grow up in Korea or the U.S.?
I was born in Korea, and my family came over to America when I was 10. I'm the middle child of three girls, and my parents moved so we'd experience a different life. They did it for our education and to give us more of a chance than they had. We moved to Staten Island, and I went to the High School of Performing Arts in New York City. My parents were bummed when I told them I wanted to be an actress. My father suggested I try pre-med. But after they saw me in plays they were really proud.

What was your first career break?
I graduated from Boston University and was doing theater in New York when I got cast in a Korean miniseries. We started shooting the show in New York, and then went to Korea to finish it up. They said I would be there for three weeks, but it ended up being two months. The miniseries took off, and overnight, I became recognizable. It was sort of like Lost. It blew up. Then amazing projects were offered to me. I kept thinking, 'I'll do one more and then go back to the U.S.' I ended up staying for seven years.

Aren't you known as the Julia Roberts of Korea?
Julia's a bad comparison because she's the queen of romantic comedy. I became famous in Korea for a dramatic role in a film called Shiri. I played a "La Femme Nikita" type of role. I was the girl with the gun--all action.

Tell us about your character, Sun, on Lost.
Sun is a secretive Korean housewife who struggles to hold her marriage together while stranded on a desert island. Playing her is a challenge, but it's fun. During the first season, she was so "buttoned up." She's become more of herself and not so dependent on her husband, Jin, and the others. I think she's finding herself. She's stronger and more realistic. She wears bikinis now, and she's pregnant; we're not sure who the baby's father is. We'll see what happens.

What's your favorite part of the show?
I love what Lost is trying to say. It's about what it would be like to create a society if we had to start all over again. It brings up all those questions we've been asking for thousands of years--why are we here and what do we want out of this earth? Lost does it in a blockbuster way, but the show asks those fundamental questions. I think it's really cool.

What first appealed to you about golf?
It's sort of like acting to me; if you try to do it well, you don't. It's already over. With golf, it's about being relaxed and in sync with everything around you--the wind, the grass, the course. That's how acting is too--you have to be in sync with the crew, your director, your partner. That's when that magic happens. It's so mental and it takes a whole lifetime. You can never say, "I've mastered the game of golf." It's the same thing as acting. You can never master the art. It evolves.

What do you like most about the game?
I love the feeling when you hit it right; there's nothing like it. You can hear it. When that happens, you feel great. Life is good. What I don't like is that you need to be very consistent, and we all get so busy and caught up in life. It's hard to find that rhythm. And once I lose it, it's hard to get it back.

Who's your favorite player on the LPGA Tour?
I'd have to say Se Ri Pak. She won 22 tournaments between 1998 and 2004, then she went down for two years, but she came back. To me, that's a real winner--someone who learns how to climb back up. This game is so mental. Se Ri is like an actress who was hot in her 20s, then she comes back in her 40s, is even hotter, and she wins the Academy Award. When Se Ri won the McDonald's LPGA Championship in June, I kept logging onto the Internet to track her.

Which other players do you follow?
I have to go with all my Korean sisters, like Michelle Wie. How amazing is she? She's only 16, for crying out loud. She's going to be bigger than anything, maybe even Tiger Woods if you can imagine that. And she lives in Oahu. We were on Korean Air flying to Hawaii together once. We kept glancing at each other, checking each other out; she's a tall girl, really stunning physically. It's hard to miss her. I hope I see more of her in Hawaii.

Do you play with your fellow Lost cast members?
Terry O'Quinn has asked me several times but I keep saying, "No, I'm not good enough." Daniel Dae Kim plays. I went to the driving range with him. Dominic [Monaghan] and Evangeline [Lilly] like to play "glow" miniature golf with those 3-D glasses. Now that I have five new pairs of golf shoes I have no excuse. I've got to get out there.

If you could play with any golfer on the planet, who would it be?
Annika would be pretty cool. She's amazing.

Source : Golf for Women

Lost & Found (Golf for Women)
Page 1 sur 1